Find your Center. Find Yourself.
Join Kate Mitcheom, Certified MBSR Teacher, and Ellen Saltonstall, E-RYT500 and C-IAYT, for a slice of paradise. Immerse yourself in the rejuvenating spirit of the Costa Rican rain forest. Experience deep tranquility and magnificent views of the Pacific Ocean and Marino Ballena/Uvita. The immaculate grounds and luxurious communal spaces of Selva Armonia Retreat Center and Eco-Lodge are a perfect place to relax, restore and to launch your next adventure. Walk to the natural pools & waterfalls or lounge about in the open air living and dining spaces. It’s the idyllic environment is perfect for reflection & restoration of the spirit.
7 day/8 nights Mindfulness & Yoga Retreat in Uvita Costa Rica, at the Selva Armonia Retreat Center and Eco-Lodge.
When: Jan 30th-Feb 7th, 2018 Take the early flight into San Jose on the 30th and fly out the afternoon of the 7th.Retreat yourself!
Highly experienced retreat leaders, Kate Mitcheom and Ellen Saltonstall, will lead everyone in Anusara Yoga each morning from the “magical” yoga deck overlooking Whales Tail National Park. After breakfast the group will explore Mindfulness (learning/practicing a variety or meditations) & Bodymind Ballwork.
Accommodations: View beautiful gallery of accommodations at Selva Armonia. This retreat center has accommodations of both single and double rooms; we will assign the rooms on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Cost: $2095 includes lodging, organic vegan/vegetarian (with gluten-free options) meals, daily Anusara Yoga sessions, Bodymind Ballwork, Guided Mediation & Mindfulness instruction. Your afternoons are free for any of the optional excursions. Deposit $1045 due with registration and remainder of $1050 due December 1st, 2017.
- Eight nights lodging at Selva Armonia
- Three gourmet, vegetarian/vegan meals per day
- Daily Anusara Yoga & Bodymind Ballwork
- Guided daily Meditation & Mindfulness Training
- 10% Gratuity for Selva Armonia staff and 13% tax
All guests have access to:
- Waterfalls & pools, edible botanical gardens
- Breathtaking views – the world’s most beautiful sunsets
- Massages (upon availability)
- Tour/adventure assistance
- Fresh gourmet vegan/vegetarian cuisine
- Selva Store (small gifts, yoga towels, and wholesome snacks)
There are amazing optional activities for additional fee.
- Hidden waterfall hike
- Local beach excursions
- Jungle spa experience
- Permaculture farm tour
- Waterfall adventure tours
- Surf lessons
- Horseback riding
- And some wonderful bodywork options, including massage & chiropractic adjustment
We have listed only a few here. Click here for a PDF of all that is offered!
- Airfare & travel insurance
- Transportation to and from San Jose International Airport. We will provide coordination of round-trip ground transportation from San Jose International Airport to Selva Armonia. The cost for this ground transportation is $120/per person round trip. Please let us know if you plan to arrange for your own shuttle.
- Alcoholic beverages
Kate and Ellen’s Retreat Testimonials:
“Thanks for a transformative adventure!!”
“It was really a life altering experience for me on many different levels.”
“A time to breathe, work out the knots and find the joy.”
“To be on an island that is so much National Park was a true privilege.”
More testimonials from previous participants (who attended the 2017 Retreat held on St. John’s) :
I really loved this retreat!!! I feel so much more centered and calm since coming back. I find myself back in the magic of St. John every morning when I meditate. Every part of that week was so wonderful!! I did so much more than I had expected to do with regards to the yoga and swimming. (I can still see the Eagle Ray in my mind). What a great experience! There were so many interesting people on the retreat and I felt a special connection to many of them. [My roommate] (best roommate ever) and I have already gotten together. What a great match!!
Thanks so much to both you and Ellen for putting this whole thing together! It was really a life altering experience for me on many different levels.
A really wonderful week of spiritual enrichment and growth both for those with some experience with yoga and meditation and those just getting started in an amazing setting. A time to breathe work out the knots and find the joy.
It was great—the morning meditation and ballwork /yoga were really well done, and the opportunity to see such beautiful places, fish, turtles and coral reefs are amazing. I might emphasize that a lot in telling folks why doing this in St. John’s was SO worth the travel, cost, etc. To be on an island that is so much National Park was a true privilege.
I am so calm about my torn up tire from driving to Newark airport and getting the rim repaired and getting the new tire and riding on a donut and I have stopped cursing potholes and have accepted that I am throwing away gelt hard earned and staying mellow and mindful all day at work. Haven’t even put all my clothes away from trip. Thanks for a transformative adventure!!
Essentials for Happy Retreat Guests (Packing List):
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Insect repellant (if you are prone to insect bites, Deet/Off is highly recommended)
- Hiking/walking shoes
- Biodegradable soaps, shampoos, etc.
- Sun Hat
- Books, music, crafts, art projects or any other items that you love to fill your days with
- Beach gear
- Ear plugs (lots of beautiful jungle noises!)
- Non-disposable water bottle (Metal or glass recommended)
- Cash (U.S. dollars are accepted all over Costa Rica and Panama)
**Please leave valuables at home.